WE ARE CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS for REGULAR (full-time) and EXTENDED (half-time) CPE UNITS at Kaiser Permanente in Vallejo and Vacaville, in Sacramento and Roseville, and also now in Modesto and Manteca.
The Application Fee ($50) has been WAIVED for all applicants by a generous gift from the Nautilus Pacific Chapter of the College of Pastoral Supervision and Psychotherapy.
Tuition is $1,500 per CPE unit / $6,000 for the four-unit program. Presently, FULL Tuition SCHOLARSHIPS are offered to everyone accepted into the program as CHAPLAIN INTERNS (Regular and Extended Unit) for up to four units of training.
In the Vallejo and Vacaville program only, CHAPLAIN RESIDENTS and recipients of the CLINICAL FELLOWSHIP receive stipends for up to four units or 1 year.
We do not provide single-unit CPE, such as may be required by some seminaries for graduation.
Those who are accepted into our program must be willing to commit to a minimum of two units and preferably the four units required for board certification.
On a selective basis, we also offer a “fifth unit” for those who have completed their customary four units elsewhere and who wish to enhance the quality of their chaplaincy training, prepare for board certification, or provide clinical chaplaincy at a higher level of excellence.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Complete Page 1 of the downloadable CPSP CPE Application Form, using the fill-in feature embedded in the document. Be certain to answer the questions thoroughly using as much space as seems necessary or appropriate.
- You may choose to answer Questions 1-4 in a separate Word document if you wish.
- If you are applying for a Vallejo/Vacaville Residency or Fellowship, please include a letter that 1) explains your reason(s) for seeking a residency/fellowship and 2) describes either how you believe you would uniquely contribute to the CPE cohort or enhance diversity in the field of clinical chaplaincy, or both.
- Attach the completed Application and any documents in an email and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- BE CERTAIN TO MENTION IN YOUR EMAIL WHICH PROGRAM YOU ARE APPLYING FOR (either Vallejo/Vacaville OR Sacramento/Roseville OR Modesto/Manteca) AND YOUR PREFERRED STARTING DATE .
Applications are reviewed monthly as they are received. Informal interviews will be conducted with applicants who seem suitable after review of the application. Admission decisions are made on an ongoing basis until a unit’s cohort group is filled.
If you have questions, and for more information, email: email@example.com